Our Prayer Requests
It is important for Christians to remember the admonition of the Apostle Paul through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit to pray “for kings, and all that are in authority” (I Timothy 2:1-2). Despite the disappointment or excitement we might experience about the men and women God has raised up to lead our nation, we should pray for our President and all our congressional, state, and local officials; that they would serve our nation with wisdom and integrity so that each of us “may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.” (I Timothy 2:2).
II Chronicles 7:14 – “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive there sins, and will heal their land.”
Luke 18:1 – “…men ought always to pray and not to faint”
James 5:16 – “The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.”
Specific Prayer Requests:
1. Pray for the new leadership in Congress to have discernment and perseverance to make progress on conservative issues.
2. Pray for all those who stand for the right to life to have courage to defend the rights of the unborn.
3. Pray for the decisions coming out of the Supreme Court to be positive for social conservatives.
4. Pray specifically that God would provide the right candidate for president for the 2016 presidential election.
5. Pray for the peace of Israel.